Endometriosis Cleanse… works for weight loss too!

Last time I mentioned after having my baby, since my hormones are still in tact, I don’t have to be as careful in eating as estrogen won’t get the best of me yet especially with my period not back yet! Hooray! I don’t know what’s more hassle: pumping milk for baby or dealing with periods. Anyway, before my period comes back, I’m preparing myself for my endo diet again and I’m going on a juice cleanse/diet. It’s not all juice. Here are my recipes:

1. 50% apple, 25% spinach, 25% kale, 5%mint
2. 20%kale, 20%spinach, 40%apple, 10%carrot, 5%wheatgrass, 5%lemon
3. 50%apple, 20%kale, 5%ginger, 20%dandelion, 5%lemon
4. 30%apple, 15%carrot, 15% celery, 20%spinach, 20%kale
5. 30% apple, 20%% celery, 10% spinach, 20% kale, 10% bell pepper, 5% lemon, 5%mint

I drink 3 liters of juice a day plus all you can eat steam veges and fruits. Please don’t overdo the fruits and veges unless if you’re really starving! On this cleanse, I never felt starved at all! Also, each liter is about 400 calories. Please add/subtract liters according to your own weight and caloric intake requirements. I’m ok on a 1200-1500 calorie diet. I’m only 5’2″ so that’s plenty for me. Plus, I don’t get enough cardio a day now with the little one.

I alternate the juices above so I don’t get bored. I’m going on a 5 day cleanse. Today is my second day.

Most people do cleanse and they do it wrong. You’re not supposed to drink a whole liter in the morning, a liter at lunch, and a liter dinner like a meal. Drink your juices “slow”… I made the juice and put it in the fridge and every hour or so, I pour an 8 ounce cup. Why do I do it like this? It gives your body a constant flow of nutrients and calories so it’s not on “starvation” mode. Your body also rids of extra nutrients if you drink too much at one setting. You know those vitamins that say slow release? It’s slow release so your body gets maximum benefit as they absorb over time. As you know, juice is way easier to digest than solid food so if you drink it all in one setting, you’ll surely to be hungry 2 hours later. Drinking it slowly helps you not feel hungry and keep your metabolism high. Most people who do cleanses mess up their metabolism by starving themselves. Don’t starve yourself!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s number 1 “no” to cleansing. If you starve yourself, you WILL feel low energy and you WILL get fat after the cleanse.

Yesterday, I had juice #1, #4, #5 and I boiled some bok choy for dinner. Weird thing is I didn’t feel hungry for dinner. I didn’t have too much cravings other than for something hot in my mouth. The boy choy really satisfied me. What’s great is you enjoy the natural taste of the vegetable and don’t need salt or oil or anything to flavor it and you get the full blast of flavor. Something about the cleanse heightens your sense of taste. I started to taste everything!

Yesterday I lost 2 pounds, no hunger. For day 2 (today), I juices #1, #2, #3. I LOVE #3 today. Ginger adds a kick to the juice and it’s really warming for the body (and ovaries). You’ll need to warm your body because you’re drinking primarily liquid veges so adding a little natural body warmer is great especially since I’m in Toronto right now and it’s getting “cold.” Tonight, I had 2 small steamed potatoes. About 50 calories each. Super yummy, a superfood, and kept my hot craving at bay. Again, no hunger on day 2. Not sure if I lost weight but I’m feeling great. Even on deprived sleep from taking care of my 5 month old, I’m feeling more energized than usual.

I did this for a real cleanse and to lose some excess water weight and maybe a little fat. The main purpose is to jump start me back on my endo diet. Relieves me from anymore cravings from estrogen food.

Other stuff I took: prenatal vitamins and probiotics and B6 (of course!). I will start nattokinase and serrapeptase the instant I stop pumping milk (hopefully soon).

Will update on progress after my 5 day cleanse. Wish me luck! Really hope to lose more weight but of course health is more important! Endo gone! Endo gone! Endo gone! Don’t come back! Don’t come back! Don’t come back!

This entry was posted in General, Health Foods and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Endometriosis Cleanse… works for weight loss too!

1. Irene says:

Hi Hog Hugs, I wish you so my luck in your fight against endometriosis, let me tell you that I have been fighting my own battle myself, I started 2 months ago and you inspired me. I lost in this two months 13.5 pounds and I can’t be happier, I feel so much healthier, my migraines are gone, I don’t have cravings of sweets or carbs, I juice everyday and love it, I have some variations to your juices, today I made avocado, celery, kale, green apple (half), almond milk and coconut water (all organic) and I enjoyed so much. My pain for menstraution is almost gone, sometimes my ovaries hurt a little when I am ovulating, but nothing compare with before. Thank you so much for sharing your info and please keep posting ๐Ÿ™‚

• Irene says:

By the way and looking forward to loose 15 more pound ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats! Glad to know it worked for you! It’ll actually work for everyone if they just believe in their own bodies. I feel like we should have our own cheer leading squad…

2. Elisabeta says:

Hello,

I have never written in a blog before so this feels a bit awkward for me for some reason. I have endometriosis and have been suffering for over 18 years. I had several surgeries, doctors treating me like its all in my had causing the entire experience to be even more emotional. Eventually when I was 25 I had a hysterectomy but my ovaries were left. I felt great. However now my pain seems to be coming back and it has been increasing more every week. I have been missing work again and that adds to my stress. I feel doctors treating me like its in my head or that I am exagerating in some way. I am having an especially hard day today, so I thought I would do some more research, read some blogs, see what else I can learn. I am such a positive person and hate complainig so this feels uncomftorable, but I guess I need to be heard by others that may understand me better. I eat well, but I am looking into what bigger changes I may need to make. I was wondering about juicing, or just eating fish, rice and veggies. I was also thinking if I should do a hydro colon cleanse to clean my system to see if that helps in removing toxins that may be in my body. I will keep looking.

~ kind regards

Elisabeta

Changing diet and supplementing with the right enzymes has helped me and the other readers who have followed it become pain free. I think you should try. If anything, it’ll make you healthier! I am now pain free from endo! Look on my site for my juice recipes and the serrapeptase and nattokinase supplements.

3. lynn says:

Congrats on your baby! I was diagnosed with endo and you have given me hope. How often do you plan on cleansing?

My doc wants to put me on birth control (for the endo) until I’m ready for kids which may not be for a few years. I don’t want to be on hormones nor do I want another surgery (already had 1 last year and the cysts are back). I want to change my diet first.

Hi Lynn!

I cleanse maybe only once a year because my entire diet is pretty “cleansing”…
      Doctors sometimes just want to cut the problem without caring for the root of the problem. Doesn’t hurt that surgery makes them a lot of money either…

Birth control pills still have estrogen. Sometimes I just do not understand their prescriptions. Try to cure yourself first. Go on the endo diet for 3 months and eat the supplements I had suggested and see how you feel after 3 months. Indol 3 Carbinol, Serrapeptase, and Nattokinase. Search for them on my site for why I eat them! You can buy them at a vitamin shop/site/amazon.

Lots of love,
      Julie

4. Mindy says:

Hi!
    Your blog caught my eye. I love the way you write. You are so encouraging. I’m so happy you are so successful in treating your endo!! Your kids too!!!
    I just found out that I have endo. A few months ago I had two d&c’s as a result of a twin misscarrige.
    My healers told me the d&c helped create the endo. I’m in a lot of pain and Im hoping to try again.
    I have three older kids that I had with zero issues!
    I’m really overwelmed where can I start?? I’d really appreciate it!

Hi Mindy !!! Good thing is you have three beautiful kids already. I would start with the non estrogen diet I have listed on my site. Then do the juicing. See how you feel. Then I would start taking the DIM supplements. Hang in there. Your body will slowly heal itself! And baby dust to you if you want more !!!! So brave. How do you handle so many?! I’m dying with two.

• Irene878 says:

Hello
        I would like to know what are the DIM supplements. I have done juicing for long time but then stop because I didn’t see results, lost 30 pound but didn’t get my baby. I haven’t given up yet thought I am almost 40. God bless you and your two little miracles

• Mindy says:

Hi!
        Thanks tons! I want to get into the juicing and I bought some organic stuff and I’ve been off gluten for two years! I have three kids 20,19 & 15. They are older!! Eventhough it’s a lot i still have baby fever! Especially since I surprisingly got pregnant in April. I developed chronic fatigue after my youngest. Four years I discovered the endo after running to doctors with no answers. my sister was suffering similarly and she was diagnosed and had a partial hysterectomy. I realized many symtoms were identical. I did various natural things cranio sacral, energy healing…it all helped but after what I just went through… I’m pulling my hair out. I had three cycles after my d&c in August. Each one has gotten worse and this month I had my af twice!! The pain is unmanageable. I’m confused because I’m taking other supplements! I’m not sure if I can mix all of them! Sorry for the TMI. I’m looking for a good naturopathic holistic doctor. Lastly I need hope I’m so scared! Thanks tons

5. Analisa Wells says:

Good afternoon sunshine – I was wondering, do you have a count instead of a percentage for the juices? I actually just had the surgery for endo removal, and i want to jump start on keeping it away, and came across your page and am just thrilled to try these… If you could please help me ut I would be so incredibly grateful to you.